Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Why is my BBT getting lower every month??

me if you can!

Joined 9-Aug-09

Top Poster
9-Sep-10 10:19 am

Firstly, I am slightly hypothyroid and I am being treated for it.  My levels are good now, been steady for a few months.  I only went back on Synthroid around Dec 2009 because my thyroid was low again.

So I have also been tracking my BBT since about Dec2009.  My pre O temps used to be around 97.6 - 97.9 with a coverline of about 97.7.  I started my meds around then, had them adjusted every few months, and now they have been good for a while.  I know hypothyroidism causes low BBT, so when I'm on Synthroid shouldn't my BBT get higher not lower???

My BBT had steadily been going down since I've been charting.  My coverline last month was 97.5 with many lower temps, and now this morning my temp was 97.0!!  I checked it 3 times to be sure.  I don't understand it, if anything my BBT should go up, not down.  My post O temps are lower now than at the beginning too, they were usually in the range of 98.3 - 98.6, and now they range from about 97.9 - 98.3.

What is going on here!?

Heartbroken - 8.5 weeks 2006, Baby Boy - 2007, Baby Boy - 2012 2+ years of TTC, but you were worth the wait!

Lucy

Joined 13-Feb-09

Top Poster
9-Sep-10 12:31 pm

Mine vary over time. Also time that I take it can vary from month to month which makes a significant difference for me...But I am not sure about reasons...(Any major weight change?)

me if you can!

Joined 9-Aug-09

Top Poster
9-Sep-10 12:34 pm

I forgot about that, I did change my temp time from 7am to 6:30am, so that did make a difference, but that was months ago, and it keeps going down. 

No other changes, weight is the same, not getting up at night.  Each month the temps and coverline are consistently lower, and I'm getting low temps I've never had before. 

Heartbroken - 8.5 weeks 2006, Baby Boy - 2007, Baby Boy - 2012 2+ years of TTC, but you were worth the wait!

Page: of 1